I Made a Skirt
Last time I visited my parents, I did a little digging through my mom’s fabric stash, and I found this floral cotton. It happened to match a knitting project I was planning, and my mom told me I could have it so I took it home with me to make it into a skirt. I […]
Not Nice Knitting
Sometimes I get the perfect yarn for a project, and I have the best stitch pattern in mind for it, but they just do not play nice together. That’s what happened with this swatch. It’s not that it doesn’t look good. I love the way it looks. It’s that it was beyond unpleasant to knit […]
Turn of the Century Home at Fort Worden
Most of the officer’s houses at Fort Worden are available to rent like the one my knitting group stayed in, but one of the houses was turned into a museum of sorts. The house was built in 1904, and it has been restored and filled with turn of the century furniture to try to recreate […]
- Mar 31, 2014 2014 Purlygirls Knitting Retreat
- Mar 28, 2014 Christmas Sweater Update #1
- Mar 26, 2014 New Free Pattern: Reversible Cable Scarf
- Mar 25, 2014 One Skein Sweater
- Mar 21, 2014 Not My FO: Vintage Craft Smock
- Mar 19, 2014 New Shawl Pattern: Nix
- Mar 18, 2014 Vogue Knitting Live 2014
- Mar 15, 2014 Short Sleeves for Spring
- Mar 12, 2014 How to Add Notes to a PDF Pattern Pt. 2
- Mar 10, 2014 How to Add Notes to a PDF Pattern Pt. 1
- Mar 07, 2014 Knit a Christmas Sweater in 2014
- Mar 05, 2014 Take Care of Your Hands
- Mar 03, 2014 FAQ: What Size Sweater Should I Knit?
- Feb 26, 2014 New Hat Pattern: Charlie
- Feb 24, 2014 A Beautiful Back
- Feb 21, 2014 Looks Like a Blanket
- Feb 19, 2014 What to knit next?
- Feb 14, 2014 Happy Valentine’s Day!