Writer and author Victoria Best Goyder examines and reviews the best of British literature, both classic and contemporary. She also posts her own essays, with are generally insightful and objective. The best posts on this blog have been compiled into book form, for your reading enjoyment.
Shiny New Books is out!
The eighth edition of Shiny New Books is out today. Go and read the winning entry in our poetry competition. Plus all the usual reviews and features you expect from us. On the front page there is also a news … Continue reading →
A week on from our various disasters and Mr Litlove is pretty much healed. Now the only actions that bother his shoulder occur in front of the computer, when too much mouse-work can make his arm sore. It was a … Continue reading →
- Jan 21, 2016 The American – Better Than Donna Leon?
- Jan 18, 2016 Best Laid Plans
- Jan 10, 2016 New Year, New Us
- Dec 30, 2015 The Temporary Gentleman
- Dec 28, 2015 Lila
- Dec 19, 2015 Eat, Pray, Love
- Dec 15, 2015 Books of the Year 2015
- Dec 10, 2015 Learning The Hard Way
- Dec 07, 2015 A Woman on the Edge of Time
- Dec 03, 2015 The Extra Shiny!
- Dec 01, 2015 Your Blog Post Might Change The World Yet
- Dec 01, 2015 Gabriel Josipovici Interview
- Nov 25, 2015 Georges Simenon and Inspector Maigret
- Nov 20, 2015 Close Encounters with Woodworking
- Nov 18, 2015 Elizabeth Gilbert’s Big Magic
- Nov 16, 2015 I Call Myself A Feminist
- Nov 10, 2015 Dark Tales for Dark Days
- Nov 02, 2015 Out of Sheer Enthusiasm: The Prison Book Club
- Oct 29, 2015 Recent Reading: The Goldfinch, Frances & Bernard, Cop Town
- Oct 23, 2015 In Which I Learn More About Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Oct 15, 2015 Competition Winner
- Oct 08, 2015 Magnificent Seven
- Sep 28, 2015 More Cosy Crime
- Sep 27, 2015 Crime Fiction Giveaway
- Sep 21, 2015 This Was Exciting Six Weeks Ago