The Myth of Variety and a Balanced Diet
In the last couple of weeks, I’ve been eating the same meals over and over. Initially, this experiment started out of practical considerations. I was traveling and didn’t have time to prepare foods, and couldn’t rely on restaurants. When I got back home, I had a limited variety of foods left in my fridge and [...]
The “Power” in Willpower is Glucose
I got some great insights after listening to a live talk by evolutionary psychologist Doug Lisle, Ph.D. I had to to share them with you, especially one key distinction. Everyone has experienced the feeling of failure that comes with “falling off the wagon.” You’ve set out to complete something, and you don’t follow through. Perhaps [...]
What to Eat at a Thai Restaurant (Healthy Choices)
Everybody LOVES Thai food. But let’s face it: it’s not as healthy as we think. A lot of Thai food is loaded with oil, salt and sugar. When you’re in Thailand, food is everywhere. And lucky for us, fruit is everywhere, too! You can find street vendors everywhere who will sell you delicious cut-up fruits [...]
- Feb 15, 2014 What to Eat at an Italian Restaurant (Healthy Choices)
- Feb 11, 2014 How to Eat at Restaurants on Vegan Diet
- Feb 01, 2014 Should We Avoid Hybridized Fruits and Vegetables?
- Jan 23, 2014 The All-Potato Diet
- Jan 21, 2014 How to Conduct a Five Day Water Fast
- Jan 16, 2014 How to Easily Calculate Your Fat Intake
- Jan 08, 2014 Is sugar the root of all evils?
- Jan 03, 2014 Why No Oil – Reasons Why Oil is Unhealthy