Bob Bly Copywriter site is just plain fascinating read for a copywriter. With brief but very astute thoughts on the “mail” items such as e-mail, junk mail, direct mail, plus the difference of a good and great marketer, Bob’s blog is one to be reckoned with.
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!
Do you know these marketing rules of thumb?
Do you know the “50/50 rule” of content marketing? How about the “99:1 rule” of affiliate marketing? Or the “25-50-25 rule” of time management for entrepreneurs? Or Fred Gleeck’s “10X rule” of information product pricing? My new infographic shows you in a concise, graphic format the 12 important marketing rules of thumb every marketer should […]
The 3 Difference Between a Direct Response Copywriter and an Above the Line Copywriter
“Above the line” (ATL) means marketing that focuses on branding and image, not response and sales. There are 3 significant differences between a direct response copywriter like me and the ATL copywriters who serve Madison Avenue ad agencies and big consumer brand: 1—The direct response copywriter focuses on sales. Everything we do is designed to […]
- Oct 08, 2014 Marketing with a One-Two Punch
- Sep 09, 2014 On “pitch-fests” and why I don’t do them
- Aug 26, 2014 The awful truth about online customer reviews
- Aug 13, 2014 Everybody writes … but should they?
- Aug 06, 2014 Is writing this book a waste of time?
- Jul 18, 2014 Can robots replace human writers?
- Jul 11, 2014 What’s a good idea really worth?
- Jul 02, 2014 Are you a good listener?
- May 12, 2014 Are you a digital potty mouth?
- Apr 23, 2014 The awful truth about content farms
- Apr 14, 2014 Should the Author Even Bother to Finish This Book?
- Apr 02, 2014 Sifting the toads from the frogs
- Mar 26, 2014 Why I won’t coach you
- Mar 19, 2014 The awful truth about publishing a Kindle e-book
- Mar 12, 2014 Why does everyone think writers shouldn’t be paid?
- Mar 10, 2014 Best financial advice ever given to freelancers
- Feb 26, 2014 Do you mistreat your customers this way?
- Feb 19, 2014 7 steps for keeping copywriting clients satisfied
- Feb 12, 2014 The awful truth about cold calling
- Feb 05, 2014 The myth of outdated information
- Jan 30, 2014 Why every writer needs a second pair of eyes
- Jan 22, 2014 How to get more sales, fewer refunds
- Jan 15, 2014 Yes, I’ll take your phone call-and here’s why
- Jan 08, 2014 There is no shortcut on the road to online success
- Jan 02, 2014 The awful truth about self-help