BRCA1 and BRCA2 are two of the most important discoveries in recent medical history; they are a pair of genes associated with breast cancer. Women, or even men, who inherit a problematic mutation of either them are a greater risk of dealing with this cancer type. Mrs. Jones in England unfortunately suffers from a BRCA dilemma and blogs about her attempt to counteract the fate her genes may predict for her. Humor, a love of life, and myriad hobbies and passions are her recipe for joy.
- Nov 17, 2015 So, you supposed champions of autistic minorities, why aren’t you commenting on the new autism prevalence report?
- Nov 16, 2015 U.S. announces 2% autism rate. Again. And it’s dependent on a change in the way a survey is worded. Again.
- Nov 16, 2015 Mr. Kennedy, if you know the science, why did you claim that the MMR vaccine contains mercury?
- Nov 11, 2015 With a new IACC meeting, there’s a chance to be heard. Send your comments now.
- Nov 10, 2015 Was the murder of Dustin Hicks committed by a biomed mom?
- Nov 07, 2015 Another autistic youth killed by a parent. And, No, Channel 11 Atlanta, it’s not a “mercy killing”
- Nov 05, 2015 Associated Press: Woman who held disabled people captive gets life in prison
- Nov 04, 2015 No NeuroTribes, Not Much Else...
- Nov 02, 2015 Steve Silberman wins the Samuel Johnson Prize for Non-Fiction 2015 for his book Neurotribes
- Oct 28, 2015 HHS Announces Appointment of New Membership and New Chair for the Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee
- Oct 26, 2015 Caveat lector
- Oct 24, 2015 Secretary Burwell it is beyond unacceptable that there is no seated IACC
- Oct 20, 2015 From Raffi to the Wiggles: The power of sideways growth
- Oct 07, 2015 Statement of the Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee (IACC) Related to the Sandy Hook Tragedy
- Oct 06, 2015 To all who use Paul Offit’s 10,000 vaccine paper to scare others–put up or shut up. And that means you, Age of Autism and all your team.
- Oct 04, 2015 Tom Insel to leave NIMH
- Oct 03, 2015 Newsweek: Anti-Vaxxers Accidentally Fund a Study Showing No Link Between Autism and Vaccines
- Sep 30, 2015 Press Release: New Research Finds No Evidence That Thimerosal-Containing Vaccines Affect Behavior or Neuroanatomy in Infant Primates
- Sep 28, 2015 Literature review: HBOT is not recommended for ASD treatement
- Sep 27, 2015 Study shows societal inclusion improves life satisfaction
- Sep 26, 2015 [HOW-TO] Be More Compassionate (An Autism Story)
- Sep 25, 2015 Thank you Kevin Moon Loh
- Sep 24, 2015 Autism Speaks founder Bob Wright’s opinion is more important than science
- Sep 24, 2015 Steve Silberman discusses Neurotribes in a New York Magazine interview, dispels common myth about Neurodiversity
- Sep 20, 2015 Dear Doctors that are "horrified" that Donald Trump and others claim that vaccines are linked to autism