Blogger Ann has personally kick breast cancer's tail in Sacramento, California. Her blog began in September 2009, when she first detected a lump on her breast in May of that same year. She decided to ignore the symptom, and ended up suffering from a cancer diagnosis soon afterward. Ann's site has developed a loyal following accrued in due part to her honesty and straightforwardness about the pitfalls and choice positive moments of a life battle this atrocious affliction.
Thanksgiving Cancer Style
I used to be a foodie. I cooked "gourmet" as it was called then. Fresh everything, from scratch. I grew my own herbs, shopped farmers markets, had boxes from local farmers delivered to my house weekly with unknown goodies in them. I was the first to find a weird and unknown vegetable and figure out how to use it. I cooked a different, fresh meal every day, simple meals on the weekday and
Michael Davis' tumor I considered blogging about Brittany Maynard and her compelling right to die story, but I could not bring myself to do it. I believe that this is each person's decision, and I really have no business weighing in. We all know what I would have done in her situation: here I am. Yet, she has her own value system and her own way of determining what is best for her family
Whew.....We Survived Pink October. On to November!
My goal for pink October was one long post, detailing how egregious the marketing has become. I have had several people say that seeing it laid out that way opened their eyes. I do realize it was difficult to read and I apologize, but I do think it was important to have a long, pink line highlighting what has gone so wrong with the month. Breast cancer does not exist solely in October. I live
- Sep 24, 2014 Ann's October Hall of Shame, 2014 Version
- Sep 23, 2014 YourCareMoments Endorsed
- Sep 16, 2014 Putting the "What's Under Our Shirt" Campaign to Rest
- Sep 15, 2014 BRA Day, Update
- Sep 13, 2014 Bra Day, another metastasis
- Sep 10, 2014 Pinktober, Metastasized
- Sep 01, 2014 Three Book Reviews: Mani-Pedi Stat, The Art of Adapting, Living Without the One You Cannot Live Without
- Aug 29, 2014 Save Your Brows - Tip for Chemo!
- Aug 23, 2014 My Bid for SXSW - New Video and Vote!
- Aug 21, 2014 Friends
- Aug 17, 2014 Five years......
- Aug 11, 2014 Time to Vote For ME to Speak at SXSW
- Aug 07, 2014 Stable vs Remission vs NED vs Cure
- Aug 03, 2014 The Wrong Approach to Breast Cancer (?)
- Jul 07, 2014 Poo-pourri
- Jun 25, 2014 Dancing with NED
- Jun 21, 2014 Pomp and Circumstance
- Jun 19, 2014 Graduation Day - Part One
- Jun 11, 2014 Younique 3D Fiber Lash Mascara - Product Review
- Jun 07, 2014 Grad in the media
- May 22, 2014 Just a few housekeeping things...
- May 16, 2014 This just happened...
- May 14, 2014 Dear Abby
- Apr 30, 2014 A Patient's Thoughts on Research vs. Awareness
- Apr 24, 2014 Webby Awards