This is a travel photography blog. These are some of the most beautiful photographs taken around the world that we have ever seen. Erik Gauger is the writer and photographer of this site . He writes with a very honest personal touch about the many places has visited.
Ultralight Backpacking Checklist
Thoughts and tips on how to pack an ultralight backpack for a single night in the backcountry.
Palermo, Sicily Taxi Sketch
New sketch from Sicily. A three-wheeled taxi carrying local passengers in Palermo.
Corals off Guana Cay Golf Course showing Coral Disease
New photos from the north end of Great Guana Cay and adjacent to the Bakers Bay golf course is evidence of a marked increase in coral diseases. I caught up with the team that has been monitoring and studying this reef before and after construction at Bakers Bay began.
- Oct 06, 2015 Road Notes from John Day Country
- Aug 24, 2015 Moving Castles of Clatsop County
- Jul 11, 2015 Scarlet Starsong on the Tambopata River
- Feb 25, 2015 How I Extended the Range of the Pearly-eyed Thrasher
- Feb 25, 2015 How to Pack a Cooler for the Weekend
- Feb 20, 2015 Open Letter to Daily Norseman on Bird-safe Glass at the New Vikings Stadium
- Jan 31, 2015 Building a Traveler's Gear Shelf
- Jan 22, 2015 Creating a lightweight Travel Sketchbook
- Sep 19, 2014 Strange Dredging Project at Bakers Bay Foreshadows New York Times article on Coral Decline in Caribbean
- Aug 07, 2014 The Bright Road to Zingaro
- Aug 07, 2014 Illustrations, Sketches and Maps from Sicily
- Jun 20, 2014 Travel Blogger Kim Dinan Misses Mark in Diatribe on Woes of U.S. Culture
- Feb 07, 2014 Gouache Travel Set
- Jan 17, 2014 Sketches from Portland