But lately I am beginning to findThat when I drive myself my light is found My father was a Safety Engineer. He spent decades working in both the international construction industry as well as the public utility industry, trying to keep people from killing themselves at work and investigating when they did. Growing up, the best way to irritate him was run with a lollipop in my mouth or
I suck at sleeping
So I suck at sleeping. I've never really been good at it. I can remember being put down for a nap as a child and just...lying there. Forever. Staring at the ceiling. Staring out the window. Flopping from end to end of the bed. But rarely sleeping. It's not that I *don't* sleep. I'm just not very good at it. It takes me easily 30 minutes - but sometimes up to 2 hours - to get TO sleep.
I've been swimming longer than I've been walking. My mom had me in the water long before I ever took my first steps. I took swimming lessons every summer and was one of the "Pool Rats" that practically lived at the pool in the summers. I sweated chlorine. But there were no club teams near us and, even if there were, that was beyond our budget. So I didn't start swimming competitively until I was
- Feb 04, 2016 Getting my feet back under me
- Sep 10, 2015 9.11.2015
- Jul 01, 2015 Coiled up and ready to spring!
- Mar 06, 2015 Three years
- Jan 20, 2015 Making progress
- Jan 17, 2015 Home sweet home
- Jan 04, 2015 Two steps forward...
- Jan 02, 2015 A Spike
- Dec 11, 2014 Conflicted
- Dec 06, 2014 Post-Thanksgiving Thoughts
- Oct 27, 2014 Tired.
- Sep 23, 2014 Civilian vs. Military Life: An Observation
- Sep 13, 2014 Regression
- Sep 11, 2014 9.11.2014
- Sep 08, 2014 Going 'home' again
- Sep 05, 2014 안녕히 계세요
- Aug 16, 2014 Last swim meet
- Aug 09, 2014 Life changes (again) and a bleg
- Jul 13, 2014 Why do we not have this?
- Jul 07, 2014 Geoje Island
- Jun 24, 2014 Coaching again
- Jun 21, 2014 Pollyanna versus Debbie Downer
- Jun 07, 2014 Writer's block
- Mar 23, 2014 Costco in Korea
- Mar 06, 2014 ...