Groundbreaking ECMO treatment used at Bagram and Landstuhl to breathe life into NATO ally
A 455th Expeditionary Medical Group team combines efforts with the Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation team to save the life of a NATO ally at the Craig Joint-Theater Hospital at Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan, on Feb. 18, 2016. The ECMO team, dispatched from San Antonio Military Medical Center, uses technology that bypasses the lungs and infuses the blood directly with oxygen, while removing the
Sgt. Oliver Campbell has deployed to Afghanistan several times since he joined Joint Base Lewis-McChord’s Army Ranger battalion in 2013. He was wounded on a mission there earlier this month. His mother, Carol, visited him at an Army hospital in Germany for his initial medical treatment. Photo courtesy of Carol Campbell via The News Tribune. Army Ranger Sgt. Oliver Campbell and a teammate from
- Jan 20, 2016 Service & Sacrifice: Surgery count high, spirits higher
- Dec 31, 2015 Auld Lang Syne
- Dec 25, 2015 Merry Christmas!
- Dec 24, 2015 Gold Star Christmas
- Nov 26, 2015 Happy Thanksgiving!
- Nov 11, 2015 Because of the Brave
- Nov 10, 2015 Happy 240th Birthday to the United States Marine Corps!
- Nov 09, 2015 Well Done, We Love You
- Nov 05, 2015 A Boy's Hero
- Oct 29, 2015 Air Med, Always Ready
- Oct 28, 2015 Prince Harry tells US wounded veterans: 'Afghanistan changed my life'
- Oct 24, 2015 Marine Lance Corporal Ricky Slocum - Forever in our Hearts
- Oct 23, 2015 Army’s Top Nurse Commissions Therapy Dog
- Oct 13, 2015 Remembering Staff Sergeant Brian Cowdrey
- Sep 27, 2015 Gold Star Mothers' Day
- Sep 13, 2015 " ...our Flag was still there."
- Sep 11, 2015 Sorrow and Resolve
- Aug 24, 2015 Warrior Sled Hockey Team Prepares for New Season
- Aug 18, 2015 Air Force Medical Evacuation Team provides critical bridge between battlefields, higher-level care
- Aug 15, 2015 Wounded soldier fulfills dream of coaching football
- Aug 07, 2015 Purple Heart Day
- Jul 13, 2015 Remembering the Heroes of Wanat
- Jul 03, 2015 Happy Independence Day!
- Jun 21, 2015 2015 DOD Warrior Games
- Jun 14, 2015 Happy 240th Birthday to the U.S. Army!