Maternal Positioning Needs Better Understanding
There is a lot on the blog-o-sphere lately about the failure of maternal positions to rotate the posterior baby. My point is that we can't say maternal positions aren't useful to help a baby rotate until we get smart about which positions to study. Hands and knees is a comfort measure but no longer thought of as the position to rotate a posterior baby to anterior. The posterior baby's
Don’t say Posterior? Does silence serve?
Doulas and patient-centered providers of all types have a well-placed desire to protect a woman’s confidence to cope with childbirth. Birthworkers must navigate the topic of fetal position between a natural birth ideology and the medical research on posterior presentation. I didn’t say we have to choose between natural birth and research, mind you. But we move from personal proclivity
Spinning Babies and High Blood Pressure and Pre eclampsia
Spinning Babies seeks to reduce the struggle of Good morning Gail, Just had to share a success story with you. We had a 38 week induction for severe pre-eclampsia on the floor. She'd been on pitocin for hours, was up to 22mu and still only 5cm, -3 or -4 station, head ballotable and seeming to be caught on the brim of the pelvis (with an epidural). Her labor nurse had been to a midwife
- Jan 11, 2016 Walk proud after birth! Mama, you can Strut!
- Nov 20, 2015 Growing (Spinning) Babies!
- Nov 20, 2015 Bottom's Up
- Oct 15, 2015 Olive Marie's Elevator Birth: Using the Abdominal Lift & Tuck to Engage Baby
- Oct 05, 2015 Happy Breech-Cephalic Twin birth
- Sep 03, 2015 Birthful podcast with Gail and Adriana
- Sep 02, 2015 Preventing The Epidural Labor Stall
- Aug 29, 2015 Timeline for Fetal Position
- Aug 12, 2015 You can tell if your baby is engaged
- Jul 26, 2015 Engaging Baby in Labor
- Jul 24, 2015 Unraveling the mystery of non-engagement
- Jun 30, 2015 Summer yum, good eating
- Jun 05, 2015 Asynclitism resolved in Brazil!
- Apr 06, 2015 Nurses, Key to Reducing the Cesarean Rate
- Mar 27, 2015 Springing Into Perspective
- Mar 18, 2015 Where OP babies get stuck in labor and what to do
- Mar 12, 2015 New website goes up tonight!
- Mar 11, 2015 SpB Trainer Training 2015
- Mar 11, 2015 In labor now? Here's what to do.
- Feb 16, 2015 Tammy dreams of reducing obstructed labor in Africa
- Feb 10, 2015 Women are Women where ever we birth
- Jan 10, 2015 After the External Cepahlic Version
- Jan 02, 2015 Birth Detective: Why didn't my OP baby come down? Part 1 of 3
- Jan 01, 2015 Three P's in a pod
- Dec 21, 2014 Birth Happiness