Woodshop owner Shannon decided to capture the happenings of the wood world via podcast, initially. He has recently expanded into the blog post format here yet continues to pump out informative listens that are tuned into by many. Eighteenth-century woodworking styles are a highlight here, but Shannon directs his attention to myriad other fashions and techniques that will gratify even the most outlying woodworker.
Go Big or Not At All
I’m often asked, do you miss your power tools, and if so which one? The honest answer is not really. I do truly enjoy working with hand tools and all the cliche reasons you have heard me spout for years now. I also recognize that power tools have their place and I can get as […]More Woodworking StuffDust Collection in a Hand Tool ShopWorkbench QA: Do I Want Hand Planes for Milling?Buy Your Last Tool First? I don’t think soThe Space Eating Lumber VirusLife After Power Tools
Proportional Models in SketchUp
I have often stated that I use SketchUp in the early stages of my projects to work out basic dimensions and solve any joinery problems. Rarely do I actually model the joints but just creating parts and fitting them together in a virtual space is extremely helpful. The biggest help that SketchUp gives me at […]More Woodworking StuffSketchup: A Woodworking Video GameFirst Steps of A New ProjectJoinery Problem SolvingThe Shop Junk DrawerHow Long Should I Make My Workbench?
RWW 178 Workshop Remodel Part 2
My shop remodel is crawling along at a pace of about 4 hours of work a week but it is getting there. I think the details will come together very quickly and in no time I’ll be back at the bench working on projects. What I’m desperately trying to avoid is getting back to work […]More Woodworking StuffWorkshop Remodel Part 1Pardon Our DustTalk Softly and Carry a Tool TotePlywood Tearout? Grab a hand sawDon’t Ignore the Fourth Wall
- Jun 26, 2014 RWW 178 Workshop Remodel Part 2
- Jun 23, 2014 Tool Storage in a Tool Cabinet
- Jun 18, 2014 I Broke a Woodworking School, Help Me Fix It
- Jun 10, 2014 Workshop Remodel Part 1
- Jun 06, 2014 Renaissance Woodworker Quickies: Adjusting a Mortise
- Jun 03, 2014 The Space Eating Lumber Virus
- Jun 02, 2014 RWW 176 Mortises in Thin Stock
- May 28, 2014 Talk Softly and Carry a Tool Tote
- May 23, 2014 Pardon Our Dust
- May 16, 2014 Yes Wood Moves, but it Doesn’t MOVE!
- May 13, 2014 Masterpiece Wood Finish
- May 02, 2014 Head Slap Saw Filing Moment
- Apr 30, 2014 RWW 175 Using Rasps Efficiently for Fast Sculpted Work
- Apr 22, 2014 When to Fix and When to Burn?
- Apr 14, 2014 RWW 174 Turn a File Handle on the Pole Lathe
- Apr 10, 2014 Hand Tool Boot Camp is Worth the Effort
- Apr 09, 2014 Shoulder Planes???
- Apr 04, 2014 Doing it The Hard Way
- Apr 02, 2014 Hand Tool Users are Not Immune to Silly Set Ups
- Mar 31, 2014 Wooden Bench Dogs for the Win
- Mar 27, 2014 Retiring a Useful Friend for a Younger, Hotter Model
- Mar 24, 2014 RWW 173 The Hand Tool Sense
- Mar 14, 2014 Tool Undercoating
- Mar 07, 2014 Tell Me a Story
- Feb 27, 2014 RWW 172 Stupid Woodworking Tricks: The Chip Clip