Fusenews: Different cultures. Same battlefield.
Happy Leap Day! Unlike Leap Day William here I have no candy to bestow upon the weeping children of the world, but I do have some keen links. First and foremost, this old newspaper article (possibly The New York Times) courtesy of Andrew Fairweather. It’s a little difficult to read here but it says, “THE […]
Review of the Day: ¡Olinguito, de la A a la Z! / Olinguito, from A to Z by Lulu Delacre
¡Olinguito, de la A a la Z! / Olinguito, from A to Z By Lulu Delacre Children’s Book Press, an imprint of Lee & Low Books $18.95 ISBN: 978-0-89239-327-5 Ages 4-7 On shelves now Adults, I have a little secret. Have you ever wanted to sound smart at dinner parties? Knowledgeable in the ways of […]
The Promise of Booger Beard: The Rights of Diverse Silliness
Last year this book came out: It’s pretty much just as gross as you might expect. Boy sneezes. The sneeze congeals into a massive beard o’ boogers. The boy is enraptured with his newfound facial “hair”, though his mom tells him to remove it before he eats. He’s disinclined. It was sort of a graphic […]
- Feb 24, 2016 Jolts of Children’s Literature in Unexpected Places
- Feb 22, 2016 Review of the Day: The Magic Mirror by Susan Hill Long
- Feb 19, 2016 Fusenews: “I was at dog church!”
- Feb 17, 2016 Should Authors and Illustrators Be Allowed to Collaborate?
- Feb 16, 2016 Caption Contest: What Is Betsy Thinking?
- Feb 15, 2016 Review of the Day: Elliot by Julie Pearson
- Feb 12, 2016 Cover Reveal: The Great Shelby Holmes by Elizabeth Eulberg
- Feb 11, 2016 Out-of-Print Diversity
- Feb 09, 2016 Review of the Day: The Sandwich Thief by Andre Marios
- Feb 07, 2016 Video Sunday: I Have Felt It
- Feb 04, 2016 Walking and Talking with . . . M.T. Anderson!
- Feb 03, 2016 Cover Reveal: What a Beautiful Morning by Arthur A. Levine
- Feb 02, 2016 Ten Things You (Probably) Didn’t Know About First Second
- Feb 01, 2016 African-American Experience Children’s Literary Reference Guide (2011-2016)
- Jan 29, 2016 Fashions That Jar: Children’s Book Characters Stuck in the 80s
- Jan 27, 2016 Slightly More Recent Books on Slavery for Young People
- Jan 26, 2016 I Tumbled, I Tweeted, I Taught: Critical Engagement Through Social Media
- Jan 25, 2016 Review of the Day: The Airport Book by Lisa Brown
- Jan 22, 2016 Fusenews: [Enter innocuous title here]
- Jan 21, 2016 Jolts of Children’s Literature in Unexpected Places
- Jan 19, 2016 Review of the Day: Jazz Day by Roxane Orgill
- Jan 18, 2016 Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day: Let’s Have Some Cake
- Jan 15, 2016 Jolts of Thoughts on the Recent Spate of Awards
- Jan 14, 2016 Most Classics Are Better With Robots
- Jan 12, 2016 Children’s Literary Salon Video #1: REFORMA, Refugee Children, and Bringing Books to the Border