A farewell to orange
Dear friends, the time has come. This blog is going into retirement. I'm packing it a suitcase stuffed with coral golf shirts, pumpkin plaid shorts, and white tube socks and sending it off to hit tangerine golf balls in the sunny land of old blogs that had a good run.If you know me in real life, you know I've been talking about finishing up this project for... oh, a couple of years now. Blogging has always been just a hobby for me, and I've avoided turning it into a full-time business with big collaborations, brand partnerships, and sponsored everythings. I never even bought a real domain name. Ha! I love graphic design, my bread and butter, and it has become too hard to run this blog and get my client work done, which is always my first priority. But I'm not disappearing! All the old posts will remain, plus we will stay internet friends. Here's where to find me:How About Orange Facebook page (because I can't quit cold turkey, and will likely post more frequently there. Click "Get Notifications" under the Like tab.)Me on TwitterMe on PinterestMy graphic design site's blog (which now I will have more time to update occasionally)My graphic design Facebook pageThe Oscar bingo mailing list (because heck yes, I am still going to send out Oscar bingo every year)Thank you, everyone, for your friendship, comments, and company for the last 7 1/2 years. God bless you and keep you, and make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you.Amen.Goodbye.Um, leaving now. Okay. Right. Done. The end.
New work for Renaissance Ribbons
A fun surprise came in the mail today— a box of my latest designs for Renaissance Ribbons. I had a catalog of options they picked from, and then they requested a few color changes and a new design to add to the bunch, school buses. It's lots of fun working with those folks; they are delightful. The tickets are my favorite. I amused myself by making the numbers tiny jokes that nobody is ever going to notice. 8675309. 5882300.The stamps are fun.And this zigzag stuff makes me happy.These are now posted in the Renaissance Ribbons wholesale site for shops to order, and they'll appear on Renaissance's retail site in several weeks where you can buy them by the yard.
Various projects on my list
I've got an unending list of small projects for the house. So fun! It's like my own personal playground in there. Here's a sampling. See that clear acrylic table in front of the couch in my office area? It's part of a set of 3 cheap nesting tables I got on eBay. I picked them because I liked how they didn't look bulky and I can rearrange them all the time. The problem: I keep running into them because they're clear and I'm a klutz. So I plan to draw some sort of design on them with a white Sharpie paint pen. It could look cool, right? Here's an example of something related: the Timber Table from Gus Modern. (Photo from Gus.)Next. A confession: I created an art forgery. I had a Rifle Paper calendar sitting around and decided that something flowery and patterned just like that would be precisely the thing to add to our patterned dining room. Except no Rifle prints come in 2 ft by 3 ft, so I painted one. Er, as artists like to say, "it's an homage to" Anna Bond? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery? I don't know what came over me since I don't even LIKE really flowery things that much. The room made me do it. I'm having second thoughts and maybe I'll put something else there. Not flowery. More modern. Either that, or this canvas needs a frame. On the to-do list: solve this problem.And then I have this parrot fabric. I'm thinking it could go on the folding chairs we'll pull up to the table when we have extra guests. I could spray paint the frames and reupholster the seats; people can sit on the parrots. OR I could decoupage them onto a tray and set a vase of greenery on those birds. Those are three projects from my list of 500.
- May 12, 2014 Illustrated wallpapers for Apple devices
- May 09, 2014 Noisli soothing noise generator
- May 08, 2014 Arrow iPad case
- May 06, 2014 Origami elephant desktop wallpaper
- May 05, 2014 Freshie & Zero modern jewelry
- May 02, 2014 Designs for Cloud9 Fabrics
- Apr 30, 2014 Fabric sighting: Under the Weather bags
- Apr 29, 2014 African/Dutch wax print fabrics
- Apr 28, 2014 Geometric lamp shade with tape
- Apr 25, 2014 Drawer pull
- Apr 23, 2014 Painting the dresser
- Apr 22, 2014 Free fonts: Intro Condensed
- Apr 21, 2014 Fabric sighting: store window
- Apr 17, 2014 Easy origami egg holders
- Apr 15, 2014 How to make a folding camp stool
- Apr 14, 2014 Director's chair in Arrow
- Apr 11, 2014 It's Friday!
- Apr 10, 2014 How to make an industrial pipe floor lamp
- Apr 08, 2014 A useful fix for backlit photos
- Apr 07, 2014 How to make a decorative picture mat
- Apr 04, 2014 Pretty tech wallpapers for spring
- Apr 03, 2014 Quiz: Which celebrity designer gets you?
- Apr 02, 2014 Use a magnifier as a tiny photo frame
- Apr 01, 2014 New Jessica Jones fabric: say hello to Arrow!
- Mar 28, 2014 I found something in my yard!