Vacuums don't foster architectural creativity; vivid and creative technologies do inspire and motivate craftsmen, however. This site helps readers understand that ever-growing reality in ways that encourage them to, well, interact with what they read. Each post concentrates on a new idea or project that develops a sensory experience for people as they engage with it. Transience is the name of the game here. But this site's exciting joy in covering this architectures makes it a mainstay.
To what extent can virtual reality and machines stimulate empathy?
Empathy plays crucial role in human society. We empathize with others when we share our personal experience with them. According to Adam Smith (1759), a man is aware of others in order to gain empathy from them, and by performing based on ... Read More
Architectural evolutionary system based on Genetic Algorithms
Genetic Algorithms (GAs), a computational technique of evolution, recently have been used in architecture to solve the complicated functional and formal problems. The purpose of this paper is to discuss the advantages of GAs as an architectural design tool ... Read More
The architecture of the ear and the design of soundscapes.
Title Image: Alvin Lucier – I am sitting in a room.
This literature review will be looking at Murray R. Schafer`s concept of soundscapes in relation to softness in architecture. I will, in relation to the text “Sound and ... Read More
- Feb 19, 2016 Softer Processes: Democratizing the production of architecture
- Feb 17, 2016 To what extent can virtual reality and machines stimulate empathy?
- Feb 17, 2016 Architectural evolutionary system based on Genetic Algorithms
- Feb 15, 2016 The architecture of the ear and the design of soundscapes.
- Feb 10, 2016 Spatial Relations to The Mind
- Nov 21, 2015 Soft Bodies – Masters Brief 2015-16
- Nov 15, 2015 ‘Conscious’ Machines and Initiating Interaction
- Nov 12, 2015 Mind-built Architecture
- Nov 12, 2015 Flow and Immersion
- Nov 12, 2015 The Mental Construction of Soft Architecture
- Nov 12, 2015 Behavior based design
- Nov 11, 2015 Electrophysiology: In Control and Being Controlled
- Nov 10, 2015 Post-human Architecture
- Nov 10, 2015 Architectures of Firmness and Softness
- Nov 10, 2015 An evaluation of ‘Behaviour, Purpose and Teleology’, Arturo Rosenblueth, Norbert Wiener and Julian Bigelow by A.KendallWhite
- Nov 05, 2015 Sound and soft architecture
- Oct 23, 2015 Press Play: London
- Aug 21, 2015 Press Play: Interaction Design Workshop
- Jul 24, 2015 Passive Dynamic Motion
- Jul 22, 2015 Compliance: An Approach to Physical Interaction in a Kinetic Architecture
- Jul 19, 2015 MORPHs: Roaming Robot at the Park
- Jul 19, 2015 Prosthetics & Posthuman Body Futures
- Jul 18, 2015 Dazzle Prosthesis, Camouflaging from Gait Recognition
- Jul 17, 2015 Lab Field Trip 2015
- Jul 17, 2015 What the augmented plant thinks about its domestication