Historic Pullman – Chicago
Last Saturday, a few friends and I visited Historic Pullman in Chicago, Pullman, as in George Pullman, the inventor of the Pullman Palace (railway) Car. Even though I’ve lived in the Chicago area for nearly fifty years, I’m sorry I’ve never visited before. The brochure from the Visitors’ Center notes that now the area is […]
New Neighbors in Millennium Park – 2014
Living in the city, we have lots of interesting neighbors. But the latest newcomers, at 21 to 39 feet, are the tallest. From my living room window, I recently spotted a large white oval resembling the top half of a gigantic egg. So we took a trip across the street, and this is what we […]
Iowa Summer Writing Festival – A Typical Day / 2014
I love to go to Iowa. Not just to glide past the flat lands of corn on I-80, or to roll along the miles of lightly forested hills on I-88, or, as a city dweller, to have the chance to drive my 2000 Beetle anywhere, or simply to savor a McD’s cone alongside the Mississippi […]
- Jun 17, 2014 Caring Lessons / Prairie Lights / Iowa City / 2014
- Jun 03, 2014 Caring Lessons / Printers Row Lit Fest / Chicago 2014
- May 28, 2014 NURSES DON’T WANT TO BE DOCTORS
- May 15, 2014 A Nurses Week Tribute to My Sister Kathleen (Kay) Elizabeth Korthuis, PhD, RN,1934-2012
- May 09, 2014 Spring Has Sprung on Michigan Avenue – Chicago – 2014
- May 07, 2014 Memoir as Triologue
- Apr 24, 2014 Metaphor as Mystery
- Apr 19, 2014 The Old Rugged Cross
- Apr 17, 2014 Christ as Cheerleader
- Apr 15, 2014 You are loved by Christ…
- Apr 07, 2014 What are you willing to suffer for? Part 3 – Final Answer
- Apr 01, 2014 What are you willing to suffer for? Part 2
- Mar 23, 2014 What are you willing to suffer for?
- Mar 15, 2014 A Week of Muffins and Rain
- Mar 03, 2014 My work is my retirement.
- Feb 18, 2014 Chronic Itching: Hope on the Horizon
- Feb 14, 2014 Grab…Sermons, this Time
- Feb 03, 2014 Grab. Grab. Grab. How grabby are your first sentences?
- Jan 29, 2014 What will your kids just throw out?
- Jan 17, 2014 Gratitude Party Upon Turning Seventy-Two
- Jan 13, 2014 Pedway Stained Glass – Chicago, 2014
- Jan 06, 2014 Driving Adult Daughters Bats on Chicago’s Frigid Days
- Jan 04, 2014 The Surprise in a Handwritten Letter
- Dec 25, 2013 Christmas: An Unexpected Gift