The Nerdy Nerdy nurse is a Patient, Nurse, and Technology Advocate. This RN is a devoted wife and mother, and a passionate advocate for nurses everywhere, encouraging them lift up one another and help each other reach their highest potential. Her posts are practical and helpful, and offer occasional tips for mothers.
10 Phrases Every Nurse Should Know in Spanish
Imagine going to a foreign country and suddenly becoming ill and require emergency surgery. When you awaken from the procedure you find yourself with a nurse at the bedside. She can’t understand you and you can’t understand her. It’s an unpleasant reality that is lived by many Spanish-speaking patients in the United States every day. […]
The post 10 Phrases Every Nurse Should Know in Spanish appeared first on The Nerdy Nurse.
A Complete Reference Guide to Set Up Family Sharing in iOS 8
Apple’s latest operating system, iOS 8 and later, has reinvented the family digital life. Now, sharing anything you love in a group has become quicker and easier than ever, without having to deal with Apple ID and password. If you have not set-up one yet, here is a complete guide to create and start using Family Sharing feature on your Apple devices.
The post A Complete Reference Guide to Set Up Family Sharing in iOS 8 appeared first on The Nerdy Nurse.
Nursing Informatics Jobs – Have you considered a Career in Informatics Nursing?
Nursing informatics jobs are a popular option for nurses who wish to bridge the gap between technology and nurses. Nurses make up the largest group of health care workers and therefore the greatest number of health-care technology end-users. In 1992, the American Nurses Association recognized nursing informatics (NI) as a specialty. Since that time, there has been a steady increase in demand for nurses to enter into the specialty of nursing informatics. Currently, nursing educational programs offer informatics nursing as a specialization at the masters and doctorate level. This education prepares the nurse to practice as an informatics nurse specialist (INS) as well as equips the nurse to successfully pass the informatics nurse certification exam.
The post Nursing Informatics Jobs – Have you considered a Career in Informatics Nursing? appeared first on The Nerdy Nurse.
- Feb 26, 2015 Can CRMS in Healthcare Improve Collaboration Across the Continuum of Care?
- Feb 21, 2015 The Ultimate List of Nurse Blogs and Social Media Accounts to Follow
- Feb 09, 2015 3 Awesome Nurse Valentine Gift Ideas
- Feb 03, 2015 Nurses: Manage Your Schedule on Your Smartphone with NurseGrid
- Jan 22, 2015 Announcing the NurseJournal.Org Global Health Scholarship
- Jan 15, 2015 Can Whiteboards Improve Patient Satisfaction and HCAHPS Scores?
- Jan 12, 2015 Awarded First Place in the AJN Book of the Year Awards
- Dec 31, 2014 Best Nursing Specialty For a New Grad
- Dec 23, 2014 The Comcast Data Cap is Ruining My Life
- Dec 18, 2014 5 Nurse Gifts You Can Afford to Buy for the Whole Shift
- Dec 12, 2014 Becoming Nursey: The Inspiration Behind the Book
- Dec 07, 2014 Stress and Technology for Nurses: How to Take Your Computer Less Seriously
- Dec 05, 2014 Lightweight and Flexible Nursing Shoes: Are Minimalists Shoes for Nurses?
- Dec 01, 2014 CRNA: Nurse Anesthetist Career Guide
- Nov 27, 2014 I am Thankful There Are Nurses
- Nov 19, 2014 iPhone 6 Plus Case Review: Ballistic Tough Jacket Maxx and Urbanite
- Nov 13, 2014 15 Fun Nurse Christmas Ornaments
- Nov 07, 2014 Virgin Mobile Custom Phones Makes Your Smartphone Truly Yours #Sponsored
- Oct 27, 2014 Join me for a #HealthcareChat Tweetchat on EHR Clinical Readiness Oct 27 at 9pm ET
- Oct 23, 2014 The Rock Ranch: Healthy Family Fun
- Oct 17, 2014 Nursing From Within and the Jedi Nurse
- Oct 14, 2014 Eggtronic Hub-It Sync and Charge Station Review
- Oct 11, 2014 Ebola Facts and Checklist for Healthcare Providers (and Everyone Else)
- Oct 09, 2014 Can Clinical Integration Help Physicians Cash in on What They Were Sold?
- Sep 25, 2014 Let’s Talk About Clinical Integration