Nurses and their sixth (sick) sense of smell
My life before Nursing was very different. Smells affected me differently. I can remember vividly having a serious problem with the smell of vomit. When I would smell it… I would hurl. Seriously, it was some sort of sick Pavlovian response. I could NOT be around the stuff. … Then I became a Nurse and … Continue reading Nurses and their sixth (sick) sense of smell →
What about a student Nurse purchasing “RN” merchandise?
Is it bad Mojo to actually own paraphernalia with the letters “RN” before you’ve actually earned the title? Or is it just confidence? That really nice stethoscope, or watch, bracelet or charm…. What about the RN going back to school for their advanced degree? Is it bad luck to purchase merchandise with those credentials prior … Continue reading What about a student Nurse purchasing “RN” merchandise? →
New grad Nurses hired in the ICU?
For some reason this idea just won’t rest. I call it an urban legend, or an urban myth. The belief that new-grad Nurses need to “get their experience” working on the Med-Surg floor before they apply to work in the ICU. That new grad Nurses should not work in the ICU as their first job … Continue reading New grad Nurses hired in the ICU? →
- Feb 14, 2016 CPR chest compressions = broken ribs?
- Feb 10, 2016 All Nurses have a sick sense of humor
- Feb 08, 2016 I’m being interviewed on RN.FM Radio!
- Feb 06, 2016 Nurses: The proper sequence of your credentials
- Feb 06, 2016 23 days post-op… over half way there
- Feb 05, 2016 Every Nurse has one…
- Feb 03, 2016 The Tattoo-to-pain ratio?
- Feb 02, 2016 Nurses vs. Doctors
- Feb 01, 2016 LVN to RN return to school -Interview w/ Nurse Pam | The Change of Shift Podcast
- Feb 01, 2016 The Change of Shift (blog carnival) | Volume 7 Episode 2 February 2016
- Feb 01, 2016 Sorry for calling, doctor…
- Jan 31, 2016 Your first medication error!
- Jan 29, 2016 Patients can suck sometimes
- Jan 29, 2016 My 1st female Foley catheter insertion
- Jan 28, 2016 Midlevel? Hi, I’m the Nurse Practitioner
- Jan 26, 2016 Does the health of your healthcare provider matter?
- Jan 22, 2016 My interview discussing ‘A Voice for Nursing’ on Get Social Health
- Jan 21, 2016 My interview discussing ‘Men in Nursing’
- Jan 20, 2016 Upcoming Podcast interview discussing professional development and Con Ed #FOANed
- Jan 20, 2016 Upcoming Podcast interview: Jon Haws RN CCRN, founder of NRSNG.com!
- Jan 18, 2016 The MOST challenging part of transitioning from Nurse to Nurse Practitioner
- Jan 15, 2016 Feel good Friday..
- Jan 15, 2016 Experienced my first surgery… and I’m still the worst patient
- Jan 12, 2016 A #nurse should NEVER utter these words..
- Jan 12, 2016 Why Snapchat? The power of relationships.